Friday, June 1, 2012

Sassy SecondLife: Yabusaka Avatar – Review


Sassy SecondLife
Fashion Blog for the sparkly tots of SecondLife
Yabusaka Avatar – Review
Jun 1st 2012, 22:58

I know, I know. Been forever since last post. I’ve been playing Tera and am not stopping until I get level 60. But I still watch plurk and have noticed that a lot of new stuff has been coming out by kid designers for this baby/toddler avatar. I decided to jump on the bandwagon and give it a try. They are REALLY cute. They have big huge eyes and chubby arms and legs. Soooooooo adorable. Here’s Abby as one!

Abby Yabu

The only problem with mesh avatars right now is that you can’t customize your face. You can only make yourself taller, wider and maybe a few other things but I stopped fiddling with the buttons lol. But when you wear these avatars you just have to go into knowing that you will look like everyone else who is using that avatar. So getting a skin is really important! It is what will make you stand out from other Yabu babies. If I stay as one I might make my own.

When you first get the avatar on your joints are missing, just hit the buttons on the HUD to turn them back on. Next… TURN OFF GLOW…. omg people do not glow like aliens. Please please please turn it off. Facelights and glowy babies are no no’s!

Glowy Baby

I really do love this avatar, I do. There are some issues with it however. I’m really scared that if I were to ever go permanent with this avatar that I would be walking around looking like this:
Strechy Baby :(

That is what the babies look like when mesh isn’t loading properly. You can’t see yourself like that, but others can. Also there’s a pretty noticeable seam in the avatars neck where it connects to the head:
Neck Seam :(

Certain poses made it open wider. But I couldn’t get a close up shot of it. I also tried to clear my cache and it still didn’t fix. You need to know how to drop items on the group, edit them and drag things from your inventory to be able to change skins. It is a more immediate process, so newbies to SL should probably get more practice before jumping into using this avatar. You will not be able to wear your old clothing with this avatar, but I haven’t seen any outfits be extravagantly expensive. And many people like Candii Kitten (where the outfit I am wearing is from), Oh Daisies!, and Bebe Chic have been making Fifty Linden Friday outfits for these avatars.

Overall, I do think this is an adorable alternative to the tiny tot hud. Make sure you do a demo of the avatar and skins to decide if you really like it before buying. If I rated things I would give the whole over all experience a 6 out of 10. I still have lots of playing around with it to see what I can and cannot wear. But so far I’m having fun :)


 

Second Youth Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Buy Unlocked iPhone | Marital Affair | Blogger Templates